Sunday, December 12, 2010

And you want a Christmas TIP, Ms. Paper Delivery Lady? You've GOT to be kidding!

It's been more than two months since my last posting.  No, the service hasn't improved.  They've just beaten me down.  Nothing works.  I just got tired of taking the same pictures of the same papers in the ditch every day.  It hasn't helped.  But NOW I'm mad.....!!!

Last week, I got a holiday greeting card in my newspaper with a small piece of paper containing the name and address of my paper delivery person.  Apparently, she thinks I'll want to tip her for her outstanding delivery service.  I discarded the card, but kept the address slip, trying to decide what exactly I should do with this newfound information.  Should I send a nastygram to the address?  Save all my wet, muddy, gravel-filled newspapers and deposit them in the middle of her lawn in a foot of wet snow?  Ignore it?  Post her name and address on my blog?

On Wednesday, we already had snow on the ground.  Both papers were in the ditch.  I didn't bother retrieving them.  Thursday, same thing.  All four snuggled together in the ditch near the culvert, like a group of homeless newspapers huddling together for warmth.  Friday morning, both papers were again in the ditch, but 25 feet from the driveway.  Enough is ENOUGH!  I called Tribune Customer Service yet again to cancel.  I was ASSURED that this would be taken care of and that on Sunday, I could be certain that the paper would be on my driveway.  

HAH!!!  This morning, my Tribune was 40' from the driveway, under a 1/2" of snow and slush from the road.  

I have a new idea.  Every day that the paper is not on my driveway, I'm going to call to request redelivery, starting today.  Maybe they'll get the idea.  

In the meantime...

To Ms. newspaper deliverer, whom I can trust to deposit my newspaper almost anyplace except my driveway,   Thanks.  A lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment